VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE MUSEUM
Looking for a rewarding way to serve the community? The California Museum invites you to join our volunteer program to assist staff in presenting exhibits and programs on the state’s history, arts and culture of diversity, inspiring more than 100,000 visitors annually.
Whether you’re looking for a few hours to fill or a regular position, a range of opportunities are available to choose from including:
- Gallery Guides to facilitate field trip & group visits
- Events Assistants to work at the Museum’s special events
- Classroom Presenters to provide K-12 education programs to field trip groups
- Tour Guide to educate general admission & tour visitors
- Ambassadors to represent the Museum at community events
No experience necessary — all volunteer positions feature in-depth training and offer parking, public transit and ridesharing reimbursement. Best of all, benefits include Museum memberships with reciprocal admission at other institutions, store discounts, invitations to volunteer events and more!
Current volunteers: Log in to access program information, view schedules and sign up for shifts.