Explore This Section
- Museum History
- Press Room
- Privacy & Cookies
Thank you for your interest in the California Museum! Please take a moment to review media policies and procedures before contacting us with a request.
- All onsite coverage is required to be escorted by a staff member and must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Complimentary onsite media tours, interviews and segments may be scheduled during administrative hours Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Onsite segments are scheduled around field trips, group tours and facility rental events and must use wireless equipment due to egress issues presented by cabling.
- Offsite or in-studio segments may also be scheduled, however, artifacts and photographs used in displays may not be transported offsite.
- Please bring a wi-fi device and battery-powered or fully charged electrical equipment as needed. No Internet or electricity is available in exhibit galleries.
- Please visit the media kits section for current materials available to download on current exhibitions and programs.
- Press images and materials may be used by members of the media covering an exhibition, program or event at the California Museum only. Public and commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- Permission to use press materials for commercial, publishing or other use cannot be granted by the California Museum and must be obtained by the rights owner listed on the image credit.
To submit a media inquiry, please use the form below and allow one business day for a member of our staff to follow up.
If your needs are immediate, please call (916) 651-0934 during the Museum’s administrative hours Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Thank you!