17th Annual California Hall of Fame
In February 2024, a new class of extraordinary individuals took their well-deserved places in the California Hall of Fame, joining over 150 previously inducted Californians whose achievements have made history and changed the state, the nation and the world.
17th Class Inductees
A group defined by “firsts,” the 17th class exemplifies the spirit of innovation that defines California.
- Helene An: Master chef and the Mother of Fusion Cuisine
- Willie L. Brown, Jr.: History-making Mayor of San Francisco and Speaker of the California Assembly
- Vinton G. Cerf: Renowned computer scientist and a Father of the Internet
- Ava DuVernay: Visionary storyteller and award-winning filmmaker
- The Go-Go’s: Chart-topping all-female pop punk band
- Thelton E. Henderson: Revered federal judge and civil rights leader
- Los Lobos: Iconic Chicano rock band
- Cheryl Miller: Legendary basketball player and sports broadcaster
- Leon E. Panetta: Former U.S. Secretary of Defense and dedicated public servant
- Brenda Way: Celebrated artistic director and choreographer
Hosted by Governor Gavin Newsom and First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom at the California Museum, the 17th class induction ceremony held February 6, 2024 honored the remarkable spirit of innovation of the 17th class. View a recording of the ceremony through the link below.
Now on view! The 17th class is featured in an artifact exhibition presented by the California Museum. Inductees work closely with the Museum to co-curate their displays, often contributing items from their personal collections.
- For information about the California Hall of Fame, visit the FAQs page.
- To nominate a remarkable Californian to the California Hall of Fame, visit the nominations page.
- To stay up-to-date on the latest California Hall of Fame news, follow the Museum on Instagram and Facebook, and follow #CAHallofFame.
- For press inquiries, contact email@example.com.