Explore This Section
- Admission, Hours & Tickets
- Visitor Information
- Field Trips & Groups
- Events & Public Programs
- Special Offers & Promotions
Día de Los Muertos Fiesta
Friday, October 13 • 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Tickets on sale now!
Celebrate the new exhibit Arte Activista: Dia de los Muertos 2023 at the California Museum’s annual Día de los Muertos Fiesta on Fri., Oct. 13! Highlights include:
- Public opening of the new exhibit Arte Activista: Dia de los Muertos 2023
- Appearances by exhibit artists
- Mayahuel food, drinks and snacks for sale
- Maquilli Tonatiuh Aztec Dancers performance and ceremonial blessing
- Honor friends and family members who have passed with a remembrance in the Community Altar. Optional templates can be downloaded ahead of time.
- Live music by Mariachi Bonitas de Dinorah Klingler
- Sugar Skull Workshops ($15 materials fee)
- Mercado de los Muertos featuring pop up shops from John S. Huerta Arte, Francisco Franco Studios, I Love Sugar Skulls and other local artists and artisans. Vendor applications accepted through September 1, 2023.
- Costume contest with prizes
- Hands-on activities for kids suitable for ages 3 & up
- More fun for the entire family & all ages — don’t miss it!
Save time in line by purchasing advance food and drink tickets as an add-on to event tickets through 2 pm Thurs., Oct. 12. Food and drink tickets also can be purchased at the event starting at 5 pm on Fri., Oct. 13, payable by cash, debit and credit card.
$10.00 advance (plus Eventbrite processing fee) through 5:00 pm on Thurs., Oct. 12 or until sold out. Please read the details on Eventbrite at the link below before contacting us with questions. Thank you!
Event subject to current visitor protocols. Please visit the COVID-19 page for information.